Wednesday meetings and Thursday workshop
Following Government advice as you will be aware, social contact is being severely restricted as a result of Covid-19 so physical meetings and the worskshop are currently cancelled, however ………
Formby U3A is organising a series of Speaker Meetings via Zoom. We will be telling members how to register in the regular emails,
Wednesday 14th October at 2pm. “One Old Lady and a Bike” by Pam Ashton which describes a sponsored cycle ride in aid of the Jo Cox Foundation. Pam is joint leader of our Cycling Group so please support her.
Wednesday November 11 at 2pm “The Art Of Trickery: How Magicians are seen in Paintings, Prints & Cartoons” by Ian Keable
Wednesday December 9 at 2pm (NB usual week as Christmas Show cancelled) “LADIES OF THE AIR’ Subtitle: Grandma Flew Spitfires: the story of women in the history of flight.” by Tim Young. Tim is a U3A member in Eastern England.
Meetings (when running) are usually held on the second Wednesday of each month (except August – no meeting) in Holy Trinity Parish Hall at 2pm and normally last just over an hour (please see map at the bottom of the page for Wednesday and Thursday locations)
Please remember to bring your current membership card to show at each event and activity – for 2020 the card is GREEN
Thursday Workshop (when running)
Members are sometimes a bit puzzled by what happens at ‘The Workshop’ on the Thursday following the Wednesday meeting (except August) and wonder what WORK we do there! So…….… here’s some enlightenment.
The ‘Workshop’ is the small modern building behind Flames, from Chapel Lane go through Holy Trinity gate and it is on your left. It’s open from 10.30am to 12 Noon.
Here a few reasons to call in:
- Free cup of tea or coffee
- Pick up your monthly Newsletter and collect Newsletters for your Group
- Meet representatives from your Committee
- Find out about new groups
- Read the information about all our groups in the files which our Group Secretary, has kindly compiled
- Enjoy the talks and presentations that are sometimes arranged by your Committee
- Obtain information about National U3A courses from our Secretary
- If any concert or theatre trips are being planned, usually someone is available to collect names and payment
- Meet members from other groups
- The inaugural meeting of new groups sometimes takes place in ‘The Workshop’
- Pay your £9 annual membership fee in January or February
Please pop in you will be most welcome