Wednesday meetings and Thursday workshop
Following Government advice as you will be aware, social contact is being severely restricted as a result of Covid-19 so physical meetings and the workshop are currently cancelled, however ………
Formby U3A is organising a series of Speaker Meetings via Zoom. We will be telling members how to register in the regular emails,
Wednesday May 12th at 2.00 pm
Living the African Dream – Alison Mees. Alison’s conservation and community work in Africa
Wednesday May 26 at 10.30 am
Another talk by Julie Kershaw. This one is called Salt, Soap and Soy – and covers Liverpool’s Chinatown.
Wednesday June 9th
Natalie Coffey, The Dunes Project
Wednesday July 14th at 2.00 pm
Arsenic, the Victorian Housewife’s Friend, Graham Harrison
Meetings (when running) are usually held on the second Wednesday of each month (except August – no meeting) in Holy Trinity Parish Hall at 2.00 pm and normally last just over an hour (please see map at the bottom of the page for Wednesday and Thursday locations)
Please remember to bring your current membership card to show at each event and activity – for 2021 the card is ORANGE
Weather and Covid restrictions permitting (!) the book and jigsaw exchange will be available in Holy Trinity car park just outside the Workshop each month at the time we would normally have our monthly coffee morning. Please check the latest news page for more details.
We intend to start up the Book and Jigsaw exchange outside the Workshop on Thursday April 15.
Please come and visit and bring us your old books and jigsaws.
Monthly Workshop (when running)
Members are sometimes a bit puzzled by what happens at ‘The Workshop’ on the Thursday following the Wednesday meeting (except August) and wonder what WORK we do there! So…….… here’s some enlightenment.
The ‘Workshop’ is the small modern building behind Flames, from Chapel Lane go through Holy Trinity gate and it is on your left. It’s open from 10.30am to 12 Noon.
Here a few reasons to call in:
- Free cup of tea or coffee
- Pick up your monthly Newsletter and collect Newsletters for your Group
- Meet representatives from your Committee
- Find out about new groups
- Read the information about all our groups in the files which our Group Secretary, has kindly compiled
- Enjoy the talks and presentations that are sometimes arranged by your Committee
- Obtain information about National U3A courses from our Secretary
- If any concert or theatre trips are being planned, usually someone is available to collect names and payment
- Meet members from other groups
- The inaugural meeting of new groups sometimes takes place in ‘The Workshop’
- Pay your £9 annual membership fee in January or February
Please pop in you will be most welcome