Wednesday meetings and Thursday workshop
Speaker meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month in The Holy Trinity Parish Hall. The meetings start at 2.00pm and last about an hour.
Access There is ramp access to the hall.
Parking Please remember to enter your vehicle registration number on the electronic pad in the hall foyer each time you park. There is no charge for parking but failure to enter your number will almost certainly result in a heavy fine. If you are unsure what to do please ask for help.
December 8th at 2pm
Wendy Williamson will entertain us with her Sing me Merseyside show
Sing Me Merseyside is a multi-award winning choir led by SingMe Founder & Musical Director Billy Hui from his trusty digital piano – no backing tracks in sight! Along with SingMe Choir Manager & Administrator Wendy Williamson, they appear at over 150 performances each year raising vast amounts of money for local and national charities which led to Billy being awarded the British Empire Medal as part of The Queen’s New Year’s Honours 2021. SingMe Merseyside presently consists of over 300 members to entertain you with unique SingMe arrangements of popular songs and their famous medleys. From Queen to West End & Broadway, Dionne Warwick to The Mighty Wah, they will definitely have some of your favourite songs for you to enjoy at their appearances! They perform in a wide varietyn of venues from local nursing homes through to regional class theatres and onboard P&O cruise ships. To find out more, please go their website www.singmemersey.co.uk or search for their hashtag – #singmemerseyside.
January 12th at 2pm
Conal Devit, social prescriber and Jan Stirling, Formby Health Watch representative talking about Social Prescribing. This is proving an increasingly popular and effective way of helping GP patients. Come along and learn more about it.
February 9th at 2pm
Ken Pye will entertain and inform us about The Stately Homes of Liverpool
March 9th AGM
Please be sure to come along to our AGM. Following the AGM, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Mr George Ampat will talk to us about non-surgical solutions to pain relief.
Meetings are usually held on the second Wednesday of each month (except August – no meeting) in Holy Trinity Parish Hall at 2.00 pm and normally last just over an hour (please see map at the bottom of the page for Wednesday and Thursday locations)
Please remember to bring your current membership card to show at each event and activity – for 2021 the card is ORANGE
Members are sometimes a bit puzzled by what happens at ‘The Workshop’ on the Thursday following the Wednesday meeting (except August) and wonder what WORK we do there! So…….… here’s some enlightenment.
The ‘Workshop’ is the small modern building behind Flames, from Chapel Lane go through Holy Trinity gate and it is on your left. It’s open from 10.30am to 12 Noon.
Here a few reasons to call in:
- Free cup of tea or coffee
- Pick up your monthly Newsletter and collect Newsletters for your Group
- Meet representatives from your Committee
- Find out about new groups
- Read the information about all our groups in the files which our Group Secretary, has kindly compiled
- Enjoy the talks and presentations that are sometimes arranged by your Committee
- Obtain information about National U3A courses from our Secretary
- If any concert or theatre trips are being planned, usually someone is available to collect names and payment
- Meet members from other groups
- The inaugural meeting of new groups sometimes takes place in ‘The Workshop’
- Pay your £9 annual membership fee in January or February
- Visit the Book and Jigsaw exchange
- Mince pies will be served at the December coffee morning
Please pop in you will be most welcome