U3A Bowls Group:
In line with the government slight relaxation of rules regarding the playing of bowls in parks, as adapted by the BCGBA, The Formby U3A bowling arrangements for this summer can now start to take place.
Ray Doldon is willing to organise the use of the green on the Tuesday afternoon slot from 2.00 – 4.00 p.m. each week if there is enough support for this from the members. Playing conditions will differ vastly from the traditional format, roughly as follows:
1. Only 6 players can be on the green at any time, for 1 hour, and no others are allowed to be present during that hour.
2. Play can be in groups of 2, 3, or 4, or even a single, subject to the max. 6 player rule (3 jacks).
3. The first group of players must leave the area after 1 hour, and be replaced by a second group of 6.
4. No toilet facilities or refreshments will be available.
5. Two- metre social distancing must be in operation throughout.
6. Strict attention must be paid to stringent hygiene rules before, during and after play.
If you would like to take part in this very restricted format, then you should turn up at the park at 1.50 p.m.on Tuesday 16th June, when final necessary details will be arranged. Ray Doldon June 4th email: email@example.com or phone: 01704 834253
Current Vacancies – please click HERE
Group Leaders Page – please click HERE
Bridge Co-ordinator: Nikki Harrison is the Co-ordinator for the Bridge Groups. She is the point of contact for members wishing to find out more about the different groups and which would be the most suitable group to join according to their experience. Contact Nikki on 871308 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Local History Co-ordinator: Lis Harvey of LHG 15 has volunteered to be the Co-ordinator for the Local History Groups. Contact details: email@example.com or 01704-621168
Walking Co-ordinator: Jeremy Swinson of Walking Group 3 has kindly volunteered to liaise with all the walking groups, including ambling and fell walking. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 871509
Current List of Groups below